SUPPLY CHAIN PROFESSIONAL
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
- Job Salary:
- App Deadline:
- Reference: DH004
- Sunday 29th, April 2012
- Sunday 10th, June 2012
Morgan McKinley - Your Career Ally
Location: Basra – Iraq
Industry: Oil and Has
Supports the Supply Chain function in Iraq main point of contact thoroughly ensuring customer service, order execution planning and follow up with a full accountability to meet contractual commitments undertaken with the customer, monitors fulfillment of the customer purchase order and maximizes customers’ satisfaction.
• Responsible for Following up the progress of orders at different mills (through BCP / contacts / etc) and issue a status report to customers.
• Responsible for the complete SC process.
• Responsible for completing all essential information which is not automatic uploaded in BCP or filled in by SOM.
• Responsible for solveing all contingencies which have to be solved outside the region of the mill where the issue takes place.
• Coordinate the necessary actions with customer or front end to fix credit issues.
• Coordinate necessary actions to solve credit issues with Credit & Collections and Foreign Trade. In case of advanced payment before vessel booking or shipment is required, request the advanced payment invoice to Invoicing Department.
• Manage and coordinate LC requisition and operativiness, when operative LC is required prior to the stage of booking transport
• Follow up (with BCP or contacts) any means of transportation from the last sourcing region up to final destination contractually agreed with Customer. If something deviates from original plan, push to fix issue getting in contact with: SCLO (for maritime transport and forwarding up to final destination) and Mill Logistics (for trucks or railcars) with the support of SOM.
• In case of changes request, contact SOM to check if these changes can be done and due date can be accomplished.
• Communicate with customers with reference to feasible changes in the supply chain process.
• In case of commercial modifications request, analyze feasibility (with CFE) depending on the progress of the order and confirm feasibility to GOM.
• After receiving re-allocation request from GOM, validate if customer and CFE agree with re-allocation, and solve any issue that may arise from this decision.
• When 3rd parties are close to the destination Region solve any issue that may arise.
• When 3rd parties are located in regions which are not under SOM scope, follow up directly with third party and define contingency plans for any issue arised.
• In case of claims issued by Customer, coordinate and implement corrective actions, manage payment to customer to cover refurbishment operations, and interact with Quality department to satisfactorily correct wrongly executed operations.
• Validate Service Level Compliance for assigned clients in the region.
• Ensures adherence to SOX regulations in areas under his / her responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering
5 years experience in oil & gas, manufacturing, engineering or industrial environment.
Previous experience in a regional supply chain function.
Experience of working in a multi-national employer.
Microsoft Office – Expert Excel. SAP knowledge
High attention to detail with advanced reporting skills
Experience of working in a client facing regional Supply Chain position
Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
Ability to interact with people at any level
Solid communications skills